1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Well, we're a band from Sweden that plays death metal and we just released our first demo besides a crappy rehearsal. Is there really more to say?
2. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
Decapitation (from Latin, caput, capita, meaning head) is the separation of the head from the body. That's what Wikipedia says about it.
3. How would you describe your musical sound?
Rotten death metal with a little touch of slower crushing parts, though we're not a death/doom band which some people seem to believe.
4. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
It's mostly horror stories rather than gore, some are about classic zombie/horror movies and others are straight from our imagination. For example,
the song The Beyond is about the Lucio Fulci movie with the same name, we actually have the symbol from that movie in the artwork of the demo as well.
I hope someone noticed that before this interview though!
5. Are there any other side projects besides this band if so who are they and what kind of music do they play?
There are! But since nothing has been released yet it's better not to talk about it. They're all within the genre of Metal though.
6. Have you had any oppurtunity to do lany live shows yet, if so what are some of the best live shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
We have done a few live shows. The best one by far is the one where we opened for Necrovation and Portrait in Kristianstad, great gig! I don't really know how to describe our stage performance though,
we go up and do what we do! What more can i say? We don't use any live theatrics and such, since we feel no need for it. But who knows, maybe there will be some in the future?
7. How has your music been recieved so far by extreme death metal fans worldwide?
I have no idea, but it seems to be good so far.
8. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
I don't think we've progressed at all since the band started. Sure, we write better songs now but there hasn't been any progress in the sound and the way we play.
9. When I was listening to your music it sounded look a 1991 death metal demo cassette, what kind of equipment did you use to get that raw classic sound?
When we recorded the guitar we used Gibson guitars and Marshall amps. We recorded the demo at our friend Philip Svennefeldt's (Helvetets Port's bassist, Ex-Portrait vocalist) studio Misantropen.
Great guy and he's really good in the studio. You think it's a classic sound? I don't!
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and what are you listening to nowadays?
We're mostly influenced by Swedish and American death metal i'd say, but there's a lot of other influences, we don't limit ourselves to one genre.
Well, we listen to a lot of different metal to begin with. I mostly listen to Heavy Metal at the moment, though it varies a lot.
11. What are some of your interests outside of music?
For me personally i don't think i have any other interests. Besides playing music that would be collecting music! And i think that goes for all of us really.
Is there a better interest out there?
12. Any final words or thoughts?
We have an upcoming gig in Linköping in early September, everyone who has the possibility should attend, it's gonna be great!