1. Can you give us a brief history of the band for those that have never heard of you before?
1) Hi everyone,I'm Francesco,the singer of Ever-Frost,a progressive death metal band from Italy.
The project, as you know it now, started in 2008, even if we played together for many years doing some covers. We've been a Sentenced cover band for a couple
of years. Some of us played in other local bands,always doing some cover stuff..you know,all the bands start this way.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2) Our sound is a mix of all the different influences brought in by the members of the band. It's hard for me to give a specific definition of "our sound". It could be described as "progressive death metal" with melody as a principal aim. However we do not define ourselves as a melodic death metal band as the
original meaning of the term.
3. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
3) As it is easy deducible our band name comes from a Sentenced song, due to our past as a cover band. We decided not to change the name because we felt that it very well expresses what we perceive of the world around us.
4. What are some of the best shows that you have played so far, and how would you describe your life performance?
4) We participated to a good number of gigs here, with great and celebrated italian bands like "The Modern Age Slavery" and "Murder Therapy". Unfortunately we haven't been able to get out of Italy yet. Here the "live scene" for underground bands is understimated.
Whoever came to one of our gigs always got impressed by our energy, the passion and aggressiveness of our songs, without forgetting the executive technique that we put in our music.
5. Do you have any touring plans?
5) Right now we are dealing with some people in order to bring Ever-Frost outside Italy and maybe outside Europe. However there's nothing sure yet, so I can't get through it specifically
6. How would you describe your musical progress over the years and what direction do you see the band heading into on future releases?
6) Well, I can say that we've done a good work since we were only a simple cover band among all the others. Our first original songs are the ones you can hear on our EP, which everyone can listen to on our myspace page. I can easily tell you that we've got new songs that are going to be recorded on our first full-lenght and that on these songs we put more progressive parts as a natural evolution of our sound. Obviously we never lost the typical aggressiveness of death metal. You'll judge yourselves when you'll hear the new record.
7. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
7) My lyrics mainly are about what's happening to the modern-society man of today. I am one among many that thinks that there cannot be an happy ending for human kind if we keep on thinking and acting the way we've done til now. In my words you can find my wish to a change in human mentality, which is currently not happening and that surely will lead us to a nasty future. Anyway I did not lose my hope yet and I'm hoping in some kind of evolution that could bring us to the turning-point that we're waiting for since ever.
8. What are some bands or music styles that have influenced your sound and what are you listening to nowadays?
8)Our musical influences are very heterogeneous as,like said before, all the members of the band constantly bring in their way of perceving music and metal. However I can tell that the most important are surely Dream Theater, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates,etc... In this last period some of us are listening to extremely valid bands like Textures, Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, Alter Bridge, Amorphis, and many others coming from many different kind of metal and rock. As you can imagine, you'll find a lot of different things in our sound.
9. How has the reception been towards your music so far from the metal community?
9)For the moment we are satisfied of the many positive reactions that we got from various Magazines and Webzines, which gave us good impressions, from good to excellent! Moreover the good attendance to our gigs is a sign of love and respect for what we do, and we want to thank all of our fans from the bottom of our hearts for their strong support.
10.When can we expect new material?
10)If everything goes as it is expected to go, we should enter the studio in order to record the full-lenght towards the end of March. Then we'll do our best in order to find a label that helps us distrubuting and promoting the new material all over the world. Unfortunately nowadays is really hard to find a label that offers a decent deal for emerging bands.
11. What are some of your interests outside of music?
11)I'm a good reader, I love history, I really like to have a beer with friends and also going to the cinema. Just simple and normal things.
12. Any final words or thoughts?
12)I would like to thank you and Extreme Underground Music Zine for giving us a chance. Getting some visibility as a band is hard and there are few people
interested in the underground scene. I want to remind to the readers that our EP "The Awakening" can be listened to on our space at www.myspace.com/everfrostband. Come check it out and leave a comment, we always answer to everyone. Thanks everybody!Stay metal!