1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Nik: We are a five member band from Slovenia that plays Sludge/Post-metal. The band started at the beginning of 2011. So far we have released two EPs, one in 2011 and the other a year later in 2012. Currently we are working on our first full-length album, which will be released around fall 2014.
Sašo – drums
Nik – bass
Miloš – guitar/vocals
Matic – vocals
Gašper – guitar/vocals
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
Nik: Well it depends which songs you listen to. If it is our first EP you could say it’s quite post-rockyish sounding and for our second EP we tried to bring the sound closer to our “live sound” (we got pretty close this time, but there is still a lot of space for improvement). And if you listen to us playing live we probably sound like some massive avalanche rolling down right towards you. I guess.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Matic: The lyrics go through a variety of topics, from psychedelics and self-destruction to perversion and
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Matic: Imagine you are in a canyon, echoes and mass surround you, the era of nature’s destructive power, and you are having sex, on a high dose of mushrooms. Or you can imagine something else, like a canyon, having sex on mushrooms or something
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Matic: We had quite a few awesome shows, at one point in Bardejev (SK) the crowd picked me up during a show and carried me on their hands while we were finishing a song. That was probably one of my favorite moments because they just did that on their own. But we like to keep the shows massive and dark, keep on playing and just destroy!
Nik: And fog, we use a lot of fog.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
Nik: Si. This month we are going on a tour to Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Austria and Italy. Here is the list of places where you will be able to see us :
24. 4. Artklub/TRNAVA/Slovakia
25. 4. Klub Luč/TRENČIN/Slovakia
26. 4. Angels/BARDEJOV/Slovakia
27. 4. Tabačka/KOŠICE/Slovakia
28. 4. Plan B/OSTRAVA/Czech Republic
29. 4. Music Bar Jam/OPAVA/Czech Republic
1. 5. L.K.W./BADEL/Germany
3. 5. Crasspub/CHEMNITZ/Germany
4. 5. Mukuku/KREMSMUNSTER/Austria
5. 5. CSA Arcadia/SCHIO/Italy
7. The new release came out on KAPA records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
Nik: In 2011 there was a concert for the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s album Nevermind. There were 13 bands each covering a song from Nevermind. One of the bands cancelled the day before the concert so we got their slot. We covered Territorial Pissings and had quite a good concert. Then after a few days we were contacted by KAPA records. Both of our EPs were released on them. The support has been and still is the best and we are very thankful for that.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the newer material by fans of underground music?
Nik: It was quite positive, we mainly get good feedback about our music.
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time lien up?
Nik: Almost all of us are playing in other bands as well, but I think this is the main band for most of us. You have Gašper playing at Uroš, Miloš at Elodea, Matic at Gonoba and me in BobenBassPaAnanas. But as I said, I think this band takes most of the time for all of us, and it’s also the most active band.
10. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Nik: We don’t know that yet, actually we never know what’s up next (maybe that’s not such a good thing, but that’s how we roll). At the moment we are working on two new songs, which are pretty different from the previous material. We are planning to release a single or two later this year and you will be able to judge them for yourself.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Nik: I listen to a lot of different music, lately not so much sludge/post-metal or anything distortion-wise. At the moment, while writing this, I’m listening to Bonobo, so maybe our next record will be more mellow-ish (not).
As for the bands that influence us, I should mention Cult of Luna, Isis, Ufomammut, Amenra and others. We try not to limit ourselves to certain music genres and just play what sounds best.
12. Outside of music what are your interests?
13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?