1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. Copenhagen based sludge/doom 5 piece Bethmoora, has existed for about a year in its current form, all members with experience from previous bands. Huge riffs, bludgeoning rhythms and disturbing vocals are key elements of the slow descent.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Blackened Psychedelic Funeral Sludge Doom? It's hard to describe your own music, if you don't set out to play a specific genre from the start. We do think that we have a common base in doom metal, but try to pull in all the stuff we like, be it from psychedelic rock, sludge, funeral doom, black metal or noise. The sound is massive and we play slow and heavy music. We like the music to become physical so that we and our listeners can feel the frequencies.
3.Your lyrics cover a lot of occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this subject?
3. Fantasy has always been an intriguing topic and is that main genre that Anders reads. This of course will also influence what you write.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Bethmoora'?
4. It is a really cool name and it is a story of a doomed city by one of the early writers of the fantasy/horror genres Lord Dunsany. And we also like the band Bong.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. We enjoy every time we play: Opening the Nothern Discomfort festival was an awesome first gig. Opening for Remote with only 10 people and opening for Dopethrone with Dreich and a lot of people. All awesome shows.
The tempo is slow and thus the movement on stage is fairly scarce, but the sound is thick, immersive and blasts at you. There are no theatrics.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. We have four shows coming up in September and October. One of them opening for YOB. We are planning a winter European tour with Dorre (February).
7.You have a split coming out with 'Dorre', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?
7. We enjoy their tracks and it is awesome that on one record you can span wide and still stay within the same genre. Which we have also tried to depict on the album cover.
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
8. There has been some interest in releasing our demo, but we have not actively tried to contact any labels. We are working on material for a full length and will be more actively looking for labels.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of sludge and doom metal?
9. Pretty damn well which came as a pleasant surprise.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. Louder, deeper, and darker ;)
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. All the members come from different musical backgrounds. To name a few that we have on heavy rotation: YOB, Kataklysm (the old stuff), Conan, Fister, Cult of Occult, Indian, Coltsblood and the list goes on ... and on. Basically if it slow and/or heavy we dig it.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. We are five fat fathers so time not spent with the band is spent with family and friends. Being five people the interests are numerous, there are interests in beer brewing, effect pedal building, board games, and more.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Our band is an outlet for most of us all. We have to have a regular session to stay sane. We would still be playing even if it had never left the rehearsal space. We are just trilled that there are people out there who seem to enjoy the noises we make.