Friday, August 25, 2017

I, Forlorn Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

I, Forlorn is my doom metal project, something i've been wanting to do for about 10 years now
This project focusses on the darker side of music  , i wanted to create something atmospheric and real.

2.So far you have released a demo and a full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings?

The demo was just an early preview to let people see what i was working on so it's basically a simpler version of whats going to be on the album.
I'd describe the album as dark, intense and haunting.

3.The lyrics have a concept to them, can you tell us a little bit more about the song writing?

I don't want to say too much about it, but the songs portray some personal stuff that happened to me in the past 2 years.
Every song has it's theme, and i hope people will give their own interpretation and feel drawn in without knowing the exact story

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'I, Forlorn'?

I wanted to convey that feeling of being lost, it kinda came to me instantly that this was the right name


5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with any other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

I've had some guest offers, and i might look for live members at some point. But this album was way too personal for me to accept anything that wasnt done by me
Might have some fancy stuff lined up for next release though, although it's a bit early to say

6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

Haven't received any interest, i only released 1 demo song really at this point so the reach is not quite there yet for such grand things


7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of atmospheric doom and death metal?

I'm anxiously awaiting the response to the entire album but the people that found this project so far have been nothing but fantastic.
Sold more pre-orders than i anticipated and im extremely grateful for how nice people have been about it


8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?

I am doing some guest work from time to time but my main other project is Algos, which is a Melodic Death Metal project.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I'd love to just keep doing this really, being able to write down your sorrows and have people get something out of it, is quite something
If it would financially support me that would be wonderful but that just seems incredibly unlikely

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Some of my main inspirations were Trees Of Eternity, Woods Of Ypres and old Swallow the sun.
As of late i've been listening to Aether Realm, The Chant and TPR

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I'm very much into bodybuilding, it's probably my 2nd biggest passion next to music. And i play unhealthy amounts of PC games from time to time

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thank you for the interview and i hope you'll enjoy the album when it's released

No comments:

Post a Comment