1. Can you update us with what has been going on with the band since the break up?
1) Our drummer Mark runs a rehearsal studio in Cheltenham which is doing well; Jim is in a band called Warprayer; Shrew and Shrub spend some drunken time in Alehammer.
2.What was it that caused the split and do you have any plans on reforming in the future?
2) The main reason we stopped the band at the time was that it was becoming increasingly hard to find gigs and the slow metallic grindy sound that we loved to play wasn't seen as fresh. This didn't really bother us as we just enjoyed making a racket but in 1996 I (Shrew) had a serious motorbike crash which took a long time to get over so everything was put on the backburner. There are no plans to reform and play live but if i'm honest I would like to do another 7" sometime as I do miss doing vocals and writing lyrics.
3. Your early since was more grindcore and then your later stuff was more doomy, what made you decide to go into a slower more heavier direction?
3) I think the later material changed into a slower and heavier direction mainly because Shrub had more free rein to write songs so it was not really a conscious decision to change, just a different person's writing style. I like both styles.
4.What where some of the bands that you enjoyed playing with the most?
4) I've really no idea and I can never answer this question.
What where some of the best shows that the band has played?
5) Some of my favourite gigs of the past were playing at The Dome in London with the Cromags which was also filmed for the video magazine Hard & Heavy. That was a lot of fun. Also playing the Planet X in Liverpool (part of UK tour) with Deviated Instinct stands out.
6. What is the meaning behind the band's name?
6. The meaning for the Band's name was and still is, the direction humanity is heading towards. We must collectively stop and turn back or it will no longer be a prophecy it will be our DOOM!!
7. How would you describe the lyrical content of the music?
7) This is connected to the above question really, the lyrical content tries to wake conditioned sleeping robots from their egotistical slumber.
8.Out off all the releases that the band put out, which one where you the most satisfied with?
8) Overall musically and lyrically we were quite satisfied with our last studio recording of 1996 which was released on Agipunk Records (Italy) called Tri-Battle Thought Form Engagement. Some of the riffs are devastating.
9. Out off all the record labels, that the band worked with which one did you feel did the most to support the music?
9) Again I've really got no idea.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and waht are you listening to nowadays?
10) I'm still listening to the stuff i've always listened to, I do like Tyrant from Sweden a lot, Extinction of Mankind and Bulletridden to name a few.
What are some of your interests outside of music?
11) We are just old gits who like to have a drink. Drinking, motorbikes, green spaces and friends.
12. Any final words or thoughts?
12.) Thanks to anyone who's still interested in POD, we really did try to be sincere in what we did and still carry those feelings with us today. Cheers for the questions.