1.For those that never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit the band?
- Ovenizer hails from Tampere, Finland, Planet Earth. The idea is to keep things simple, guitar, bass, drums, three vocals.
2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
- The sound is quite modern on the recording. It actually doesn't matter to us, if the sound is modern or something else, if it satisfy's
ourselves. Next time it can be totally something else. Or not. Let's see what suits for us.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
- The lyrical topics are actually quite serious stuff. Everything is not what it seems, unless you find out that there is a goatse - picture of you strolling through the depths of internet. Then you will start to think about that one night when you were totally shitfaced and don't remember a thing. Actually you will start to hope everything is not what it seems in this particular case also, so the metaphor is quite lost I'm afraid.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Overnizer'?
- It actually comes from this Finnish saying, which is a quite tricky to translate. In Finnish it is something like "Pitääkö sammakon perse vettä!"
or "Paskantaako karhut mettään!" Over means "over" as it is written and "nizer" comes from the German philosopher/author "Nietzsche".
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- We honestly think, that we did a few of our best live shows during the last months tour in East Europe. It is really hard to pick one. Or maybe
the first show on our last September Taiwan tour, in Taichung... Our live performance is evolving and improving all the time. So if you have seen us live so far, you haven't seen shit yet. In the future, there will pyrotechnics and fire shows etc. on stage.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
- For the summer, Ovenizer has shows only in Finland. But for the autumn, let's see... During the last year Ovenizer has performed in five different countries and two continents. So considering the fact that Ovenizer's first live show ever was played in July 2014, it would be a shame if we couldn't conquer yet another country and a continent by the end of the year 2015.
7.The album was released on Norwegian Pope records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
- This label is the new prodigy for underground markets of the north, I'll tell you that! Let's see if they can hold on to Ovenizer in the future...
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of post metal?
- Actually as the band has evolved, the musical style has also changed quite a bit. So nowadays the style is called "Norwegian Gothic Metal"
instead of post-metal. The band has to create a whole new fan base for this genre, but we really like challenges. It should be done in no-time,
and then we can move forward again.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- To a place, that hasn't been as it is until we go there. Since nobody has gotten there before. It's like getting all your favorite ingredients, throw them into an oven and let it melt together. Nobody likes the dish at first, since it is hot and too new too soon, but the cook won't stop feeding until it'll do.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Steel Panther. Everything else is totally unlistenable these days. For the influences, we have to bring up this great Finnish musician Janos Valmunen (R.I.P.). He has done a pretty decent job on his days on earth and I believe there is a place for him in every Finnish musicians soul.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Everyone in the band, is a hardcore fan for My Little Pony! This is something that actually unites a whole bunch of Finnish males and there was even a convent in Finland last year, where all the My Little Pony -heads met each other in the name of this great hobby
http://www.crystalfair.fi/ The other non-musical interest for the band would be the Moomin Trolls.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- Yes we have! There is this legendary saying: we can't remember.