We are currently writing new material, as always. Not much else to speak of at the moment.
1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
The new album is more focused and to the point, though the composition is a bit more varied. The new album does a better job of capturing the atmosphere we were trying to attain on "The Drear."
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new release and how it differs from previous recordings?
Hate, isolation, and disgust. The flight from the physical realm. Death. Psychosis. Pain.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
One who is incapable of experiencing pleasure. It was only appropriate considering the subject matter and intent of the band.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
Our previous Decemeber tours were excellent. An accurate description of our live performance would be better left to someone who has seen us, hard to gauge while performing as we are generally somewhere else mentally.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Yes, but nothing that can be announced currently. Nothing outside of the West Coast is set for this year. We have a couple local shows with Aldebaran in April.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
7. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by fans of doom and death metal?
We wouldn't be the best judges of the reception of our releases. We did trade a fair amount of the demo cassettes abroad however. Labels and distros we quite supportive, and Parasitic did rerelease the demo on vinyl shortly after we sold out. Supose it was pretty well recieved all in all.
This is the main band for all four of us, though we do have a few other projects, nothing with recorded material yet however.
8. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
Further down, exploring the torturous depths which spawned this band to begin with.
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future rleases?
Old death and doom metal. We all listen to a wide variety of things though, truly too much to list.
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Our personal interests are not terribly relevant to the band itself.
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Thanks much to the interview. Respect to all who have put us up, played with us, or booked us a show and to everyone who has shown us support in general.
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?