Thursday, May 26, 2016

Blood Moon Hysteria Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

1. Blood Moon Hysteria was founded in 2015 by me, as I wanted to make some heavy and atmospheric metal.Had just ended another band, that was more focused on acoustic guitars and melancholy. It just got boring after some years. So the time was right for me to plug in my Gibson to the Marshall amp,
and make fuzzy riffs.And to create haunting melodies with apocalyptic themes and lyrics.

2.You have an ep coming out in June, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

2. The musical sound on 'Crimson Sky' EP is a mix of my black metal influences and my love for 70's hardrock and progressive bands. Most of the stuff I grew up listening to.There is a lot of gloomy mellotron, deep bass and great guitar riffs with both melody and disharmony. The vocals are very well integrated and have a cool style that matches the music.It's dark, it's cold, it's hypnotic.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. I get inspired everyday to write lyrics. Just by watching my fellow humans. Wars... Hunger... Religion... Politics... We are doomed and I feed on it. I don't care what happens and I observe the hysteria.
But also some of my own experiences. Like the opening track 'Paranoia'. It's about having a bad psychedelic
trip gone wrong, together with a female friend. And have a true feeling of being lost in time and space. A dark place when intoxicated beyond.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Blood Moon Hysteria'?
4. The name comes from religious doomsday prophecies. The things I despise and can't understand.
It is a reaction to the cult and the masses. Even now in modern times, they scream about the wrath of God. And the end is near. hehehe

5.Except for the piano the project is mostly solo, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future?
5. Yeah, looking for permanent members. Or at least someone to work with. I have visions and want this band to grow. And it deserves to be on a live stage in the future.

6.The ep is coming out on 'WormHoleDeath Records, are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?
6. So far things are still fresh and new. And the EP is not released yet. But yes, I am satisfied with the support I get from them.They seem to push it. The band has potential and everybody knows.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of metal?
7. The feedback so far has come from my close friends in Norway and european underground press.
Awesome reviews and kind words indeed. Looking forward to get some responce from fans of metal around the world. But they have to wait a few weeks. The official release date is june the 16th.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
8. Blood Moon Hysteria is the main focus right now.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
9. For the next five years I will work hard and exclusively on this band. If it pays off, I will continue for many fullmoons. I have dreams...

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

10. When I was young I only listened to KISS. My very first memory is Creatures of the Night.
A few years later I discovered Black Sabbath and so on. At age ten, I heard Slayer for the first time. It was in 1990 when Seasons in the Abyss came out. It was the most badass music I have ever heard at that time.
Three years later it was all about 420 and Pink Floyd. Until 1994 when my buddy from school had a brother who played in Gehenna. They released First Spell and we got hooked on norwegian black metal.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. 420, beers, Playstation, random pussy.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Join your local rock n' roll cult !!
Thanx for the support. Cheers



Thank you in advance!!

Best Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment