1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. We are a 5-6 piece post-metal band from Rovaniemi Finland, the place where polar bears and Santa lives you know.
We are a punch of players from different backgrounds from death/black metal to Finnish folk music. At the end we do our music just to amuse the listener and that´s it.
2.So far you have released 2 albums how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
2. The basic idea on both of the recordings were the same actually. The idea was to sound Serotonin Syndrome and nothing else. We are group of players in a same band in that sense. We had a synth player in the second one but no one knows where he is at the moment. Maybe he has lost the hope in humanity or just gone for the classical music business. Great guy anyway... played with us live and one record.. searching for new one at the moment.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
3. It actually differs from tune to tune but the basic idea behind every song is that at the end life is pointless.
Some are political (first album) and on the later one we have focused more in to the basic idea of how everything is lost.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Serotonin Syndrome'?
4. It is what it says. The name was not thought that much when we started but after all what could describe 5 depressed, antisocial,mental cases better. Medical book may offer some answers too.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. Nummirock 2015 comes to mind. Might be the fact that although there wasn't much of a crowd present it was and still is the biggest gig we've played.
6.Do you have nay touring or show plans for the future?
6. At the time we will be playing in Jalometalli festival this summer. Smaller gigs might happen before and after but touring wide we haven't planned anything big
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a albel or have received any interest?
7. Ofc ourse we wouldn't mind if there was a label interested about publishing our music. Today its not that important to have a "label" behind a band as it used to be and if to be honest we're more interested in getting contacts to play shows outside Finland too.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of post or extreme metal?
8. It has been a bit better actually than in our home country I think. I haven't seen one that doesn't have anything good to say about our music.
It is definetly nice to see that people like this kind of music.
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. We have been writing some new tunes lately and I think they are coming out a little darker more doom- and black metal style stuff. Hopefully this can be heard during this year for the few fans we have at the moment.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. There are some many and as a said before we come from so different backgrounds musically that the list would be way too long.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11. We are finns, so we like to drink... a lot... Sometimes.. Everything goes, vodka, beer, whiskey, vine and even some homemade brewery tastes good.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Before you die you should listen Sarajas because if you didn't you will die anyway.