Monday, August 8, 2011

The Ressurection Sorrow Interview

1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
At this moment that band is just Alex Coelho and I, again. We have taken a small break from touring and playing live. Our last tours were great and we had a blast, but right now we are kinda re-tooling for our next phase. We definitely wanna have a new album out in the 12 months, we just have to get a few ducks in the row.

2. How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the digital ep and how it differs from previous releases?
Hour of the Wolf (our debut record) was a very heavy, dense production. We weren't really a band when we wrote those songs, so sonically we were still trying to figure out who were. I'm happy with that record as it was a stepping stone, but the production of that record was us trying to figure a few things out. On this new release we approached things a little different. Our influence for it was early 80's post punk bands like The Cure, The Cult, Joy Division/New Order. All of the bands mentioned always had a great vibe. So rather then bludgeoning people to death with massive overdubs of guitar, we tried create more of an atmosphere around the songs. I think, for us, its definitely a step in the right direction...


3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the ep?
They are based a few short stories and poems that I wrote. I write all the time, most of it will ever get released or published. Most of it is pretty dark, introspective stuff. So when I translate it lyrically I try to interpret it so people can wrap their heads around it and make sure I don't come off like a pretentious ass.
 
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
It just came to us. I wrote it down on a piece of paper, and the band dug it. The rest is history....
 
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
Our best show was May 15th, 2010 at Public Assembly in Brooklyn, NY. 300 people showed up, it was pretty surreal! We are a four piece band, and have that classic model. Everyone holds down their own and brings as much energy as possible. There is soo much more I wanna do but we dont have the money yet to do it.

6. Do you have any tourng plans for the future?
We do. But right now I don't seeing it happen until after our next full length comes out and we are ot to sure when that is gonna be.
 
7. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
Hmm..I'm not to sure about that at this point. The band is just Alex and I, and we are fully committed to making this work on a full-time level. When we find the right guys I think it will be a full-time situation again. We all jam with different guys people from time to time though, nothing serious though!

8. On a worldwide level how has the digital ep been received by underground metal fans?
Everything has fallen into the "so far,so good" category. Its has been well received by the underground press and we have sold a few copies to boot. Not bad considering we have no label and no distribution

9. What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
I'm not sure about that. We will always stay true to ourselves and no be swayed by hip trends. I think time will tell as the artistic process usually evolves naturally..
 
10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced the new material and also wha are you listening to nowadays?
God that would be a hell-of-a list! Our past influences would be everything you expect and probably a few surprises. Right now, I'm listening to YOB, Dark Castle, Earthride, Monster Magnet, and I'm really tripping on the new Alice in Chains
 
11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
My other passion outside of music is film. I'm currently working on two screenplays, and I'm releasing my second comic book. Alex Coelho is a great write and is currently working on a series of short stories. Art is life.
 
12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
"It's a Satanic Drug Thing, You Wouldn't Understand."

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment