1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
- Scarleth is remarkable and experienced Ukrainian metal band playing music on joint of modern heaviness and diverse melodism.
Band’s style is expanding constantly and represents mind-blowing mixture of many melodic genres – from power, folk, doom and gothic metal to modern/progressive metal.
2.In July you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
- New album is much professional sounding, arrangements are also done on top level. We are really proud by the sound of the new songs. This CD is more modern sounding compared to previous one.
3.The band has been around since 2005 but so far have only released 2 albums, can you tell us a little bit more about the gaps in between releases?
- That's because of the line-up changes through the years. It is difficult to be involved in the band for a long time without getting paid for what you are doing - that is the sad reality of Ukrainian metal scene.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
- Our lyrics are diverse as always, I think anyone will find something that touches his/her heart.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Scarleth'?
- We wanted simple name which can be easily remembered and not put any limitations to the sound or genre of band's music. I think this name works just great for that.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- Open air festivals are usually the shows which you remember for a long time. Great crowd and many cool bands. We still developing our stage performance, so it will be surprise for our listeners when it will fit it's final form.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
- Yes, we have some big open air festivals planned for this summer. Really waiting to see our fans there!
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of goth and metal?
- Both CDs are appreciated quite well by listeners and reviewers. We are really happy because of that.
9.When can we expect a new album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- The last CD has just been released so there are no plans or dates for the next one. We will continue to develop our style during next albums, I expect the sound and songs to became a bit
darker and heavy compared to what we did before.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- We listed to a lot of different bands and styles, but about influences... I think there was quite strong Black Sabbath influence on the first record we made.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
- Travelling, computer games, and movies :)
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- We are really hope to see all of you on our next tours and festivals. Stay Scarleth!